Production

Rough advert

Planning the shoot allowed me to be more successful when recording as my crew at that point knew what they had to do and didn't create confusion. In the production I operated the camera as I knew most what I wanted to shoot and how it would shot. This production was used to give me a sense of what I want the final piece to look like by seeing my mistakes and making sure that it will not happen again. For example, some shots seem to be out of focus and the placement of my product is not perfect as of when the phone is near the edge of the table it takes away from the phone itself. The experience was very helpful as I now know how to place my product in a way so all attention is drawn to it as well as focus during shots. In this shoot I was working with a cast. It was successful as I was able to direct the actor to do what I wanted and no problems arose.

To make it better I am going to make sure that the camera is set to how I want and have multiple takes so I can choose which one I want to most and which suites the advert the best.

From this I have used another actor which I have continued to do throughout the rest of the advert with the addition of another 2 actors (excluding the one shows in rough advert shoot) -

 Characters : Joseph Reynolds      Kieran Filby    Kyle Collison
       Age :            16                             16                    17
      Gender :        Male                         Male                Male
     Ethnicity :   White British       White British   White British
   Occupation :     N/A                          N/A               Butcher

From this I have shot a small section with Kieran Filby where he shows to be using the rear camera on the phone. Voice over here will explain the camera's features and abilities such as its 12 megapixel sensor. For the final section I have Joseph Reynolds shown using the phone to play some games. This section is dedicated to showing the phones processor and how it can handle games smoothly.

When using adobe premiere pro I was now familiar with the program and was able to edit the advert. Using the cut tool and voice over meant I was able to create short jumps in my video and little montage clips. Also using video transitions meant that the video flowed smoothly and wasn't filled with repetitive jump cuts.

In my Moving image advert I used Photoshop to create two graphics. I exported them as a JPEG then inserted it into my edit. By doing this I was able to make changes on Photoshop and when I saved it it would automatically change the graphic in adobe premiere pro.

Posters

For the print based section I have decided to go with is ethos as I am going to appeal to the credibility of the company as they are very high in the industry and if they keep this level of credibility it means they succeed. Another technique I am going for is Logos to state facts and figures regarding the phone. By including this it means the audience trust the company as we are providing facts. Facts sell as it means the audience are aware of what they are getting and if they are interested no questions will be asked.

Image result for iphone 6s poster
In this example you can see the line ''The only thing that's changed is everything.'' From this it's clear that apple are promoting the face that they keep their products refreshed and original by changing screen sizes, cameras, features within the phone, etc. To show my products innovation I have added the line ''The future is here'' which shows that it is something that people have been waiting for as well as showing that it is in the 'future'. The word 'Future' gives it the phone a sense of mystery and causes people who view the advertisement to be curios. The curiosity leads to product consumption.

My First Poster is (18'' x 24'') in size. I have chosen this size as it is large enough to show the phone and the text is easily readable from afar so it will catch peoples eye from a distance.

Creating The posters in Photoshop meant I was limited to what I knew in regards to tools. I was able to use what I knew to create three posters. This included using drop shadows as shown below to make the text stand out more on the page. Also I used the anchor tool to draw curved lines which are used as my labels. In the labeling part I didn't fully align the physical label with the text but instead where the label flicks at the end it looks as if the text is a jump from the label.





Final Posters





Advert















                          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research

Evaluation