Evaluation
Evaluating my final print and video adverts
Overall I Believe my project was a success in terms of satisfying what I wanted to produce. I was able to complete all adverts in the amounted time so I didn't run into issues regarding time.
My moving image piece I believe was suitable for its intended purpose as it stuck to promoting the iPhone 6S’s features and what the phone dominates in regarding app running and photo taking and storage. I believe the most successful part of the advert is the final section which outlines the processors ability to run games. I believe this is the best part as it shows actual gameplay I recorded on the phone itself using the screen record function. Also the way the advert finishes feels very clean and simplistic which is the theme I am going with throughout the adverts. The simplistic theme is to give the phone this sense of formality and smart designs. If I was allowed more time to work on the adverts then I believe I would’ve been able to gain a wider range of input from others so I could’ve appealed to the audience more.
With the print based adverts I may have been able to take more pictures of the iPhone instead of using already taken pictures online. This meant I didn’t get the pictures I desired however I was able to work with the pictures online and create adverts with them. With the moving image could’ve took more time perfecting shots in terms of lighting outside however it meant waiting for a certain day and it can be unpredictable so it was risky.
When I created my adverts I made sure that it was suited for the target audience constantly by aiming it towards the teens and young adults demographic as this age range are the common to find with an iPhone. To appeal to this audience my actors were aged 16-17. I made sure to use actors in this age range so it doesn’t cause confusion when the audience are seeing younger or elder people using iPhones. The relevance to the female audience is not very prominent in the advert as I only use male actors and the themes tend to be more skewed towards the male interests. An example of this is the promotion of gaming which is mainly a male dominated scene however the games I promoted are games that are playable by both genders, Such as Angry Birds. Even though I ventured into a mainly male scene in gaming I was able to keep it relevant to both genders with the use of popular games.
My Print based audience was kept relevant with all three designs. I made sure that the prints weren’t aiming towards a specific gender as it would cut my audience in half. By keeping it relevant I used a variety of colours and text that is understandable and not aimed towards specific groups. I made it very straight forward which is necessary when appealing to all.
Managing time for my shooting was efficient in certain areas but as I began to change and re arrange my storyboard it meant I had to re shoot. This caused issues concerning time as it meant a lot had to be shot only a short time before the deadline. Luckily I was able to plan a date to go and record and was able to film all that I needed. Most of my shoots included actors so I had to convey to them what I wanted from them. I believe I was effective in doing this as they performed like I wanted and were patient when I reviewed shots and when I needed to do more than a couple takes.
My planning was effective until I began to change my story as I created different ideas that I felt fit the advert better. When I changed the story I didn't document them straight away and meant that some ideas were lost. In my next project I need to make sure that I develop multiple storyboards overtime if I spring new ideas.
During the research phase of my project I mainly looked into what phone adverts usually contain. This gave me a basis in creating my advert and then I was able to begin researching how this can convey to late teens and young adults. Identifying the correct target audience meant I had to look into the most common phone owners which showed to be 18-24. This meant I could use a student demographic. This meant in my final project I showed a teenage actor as they are in the demographic.
From the research section I decided to create a storyboard around this demographic and carrying over the idea of outlining the phones features. By doing this I had the camera on show and described the phones storage as well as processor.
Research that I may of missed was looking into if people are greatly interested in the phones processor and or camera. For example by outlining the camera it may mean that I am aiming towards people who do photography. In the future I will need to cover other areas and say how they can suite a range of occasions.
My media knowledge has been used a lot in this project as it has allowed me to film in ways and edit in ways that I have never before. I was able to use whip pans successfully and a range of shots such as over the shoulder and medium close up. In the future I feel like Audio is what I could improve on and how I could use voice-over more effectively as well as picking out more suited music for other pieces. I believe I need to work on the constume and lighting side of Mise-En-Scene so I am able to bring more life into my projects and capture things in a way that gives them more credibility.
Overall My Project was a success for me as it was my first independent project and I attempted to use what I've learned. For my next project I am going to look into areas that I am not confident in such as lighting to improve my later projects.
From the research section I decided to create a storyboard around this demographic and carrying over the idea of outlining the phones features. By doing this I had the camera on show and described the phones storage as well as processor.
Research that I may of missed was looking into if people are greatly interested in the phones processor and or camera. For example by outlining the camera it may mean that I am aiming towards people who do photography. In the future I will need to cover other areas and say how they can suite a range of occasions.
My media knowledge has been used a lot in this project as it has allowed me to film in ways and edit in ways that I have never before. I was able to use whip pans successfully and a range of shots such as over the shoulder and medium close up. In the future I feel like Audio is what I could improve on and how I could use voice-over more effectively as well as picking out more suited music for other pieces. I believe I need to work on the constume and lighting side of Mise-En-Scene so I am able to bring more life into my projects and capture things in a way that gives them more credibility.
Overall My Project was a success for me as it was my first independent project and I attempted to use what I've learned. For my next project I am going to look into areas that I am not confident in such as lighting to improve my later projects.
Comments
Post a Comment